Getting prepared for Open Enrollment on October 15th is one of the most important things you’ll do all year. Making the best healthcare choices for your health needs will set you up for a year’s worth of doctor’s visits, prescription medications and also in the event of any unplanned emergencies.
Before Open Enrollment officially begins, there are a variety of resources at our disposal to help make this process a simpler one. Here are the our top resource suggestions for you as you prepare for Open Enrollment:
1. Medicare.gov. This is the primary site you’ll use during the Open Enrollment period, and is a wealth of information. If you have questions, use their “search” option to find it on their website or visit their “resources” page for more help.
2. Social Security Association. This website has a variety of helpful Medicare tips for people who are both eligible for Medicare now as well as those who aren’t quite 65.
3. Medicare Plan Finder. Use this resource to help find cost estimates and coverage information for plans in your zip code.
4. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is a federal government website full of information related to all things Medicare including definitions and acronyms for Medicare terms.
5. Inter Valley Health Plan. Inter Valley Health Plan is dedicated to bringing as much Medicare information to you as possible. There are Medicare Step-by-Step classes, a no obligation, Open Enrollment Open House on October 15th at their Medicare and Information Vitality offices, in addition to the opportunity to speak with Medicare Specialists face-to-face.
Having these resources at your fingertips right before Open Enrollment can give you the peace of mind you need to ensure you are prepared and have checked all the necessary boxes.
You may also visit our For Health and Living website for a wealth of informational articles on topics relating to Medicare Open Enrollment. Here are a few recent posts that might be helpful:
- Top questions to ask before signing the dotted line
- Countdown to Medicare Open Enrollment
- Terminology you need to know
Inter Valley Health Plan hosts classes regularly on health and vitality. For a full list of classes in your area, please visit https://www.ivhp.com/forhealthandliving.
Article From Inter Valley Health Plan