“Every goal that you will ever pursue will require a plan of action. Whether you are pursuing your life’s destiny or striving to obtain a particular goal, you must be able to see things as you desire them to be.”
T. D. Jake
Creating a Vision Board is an empowering tool that will help you realize your life’s goals, dreams and desires. Somewhere between career, marriage and parenting…. life got real serious. The vision that we had for our life lost its luster and turned into to a daily “To Do List.” Create Your Own Vision Board: Find A Quiet Place to Reflect and Daydream
- Invite the child within you to dream about life. You may envision living in another state or overseas. As you hold your vision imagine what you will see, what you will eat, the friends that you will make and the new experiences that you will encounter. Collect Pictures, Quotes and Affirmations
- Express the life that you want to live. For example, if you want to live a healthier life or make a positive impact on any health challenges, your visuals may include people living active lives like: bicycling, walking, hiking or eating healthy foods. You may (also) want to join a support group with people that have similar health improvement goals.Create! Create! Create!
- You are the Picasso of your Vision Board. Create your masterpiece using magazines, pictures of yourself, markers, glitter and any other colorful/creative adornments that will inspire you. Use a big colorful poster board or a cork board with push pins.
Make Your Vision Board Real - Display it in a prominent place. Whether it’s your room, office or kitchen…. your board will become a daily reminder of where you want your life to go. Share Your Vision With Others
- Make it a part of your conversation. Let your friends know that you are going to start-up a non-profit or coordinate a book club. You never know… you may meet someone who can assist you to see your vision through. Set Goals
- Look at your Vision Board and start scheduling action items around it. If becoming a public speaker is on your board, start attending speaking events and become a member of Toastmasters. Never Limit Your Journey
- Our very own Vision Board serves as a reminder of the life that we want to create. Never let roadblocks and challenges get in the way. Allow it to be a motivating reminder.Dare to Have a Vision
- Whether you have experienced a loss, your children and grandchildren are far away or you are suffering from health issues, creating a vision board is a therapeutic exercise that can redirect your mind to a place filled with hope and optimism.
Remember, life is to be lived! You have the power to create the life that you want to live. Questions To Think About Before Starting Your Vision Board:
- Are there some things that you may have put-off doing that you would like to accomplish? Such as, taking a foreign language class or learning to play an instrument.
- What brings you the most happiness?
- Do you desire to volunteer or give back to your community in some way?
- Who do you really want to be mentally, physically, spiritually?
- If you could spend the weekend in any city which would you choose?
- If you are going through health-related challenges or caring for someone, what would a happy, stress/pain free life look like?
Article From Inter Valley Health Plan